Methodist Hospital for Surgery (Methodist) is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or technology. Methodist is actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website aims to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people. Some of the features built into Methodist’s website include:
- HTML text is formatted in a manner to allow website visitors to increase and decrease the text font size when using browsers that provide standard resizing functionality.
- Images on the site contain "ALT tag," which aid users who listen to the content of the site with a screen reader.
- Screen readers will interpret text links as hyperlinks rather than underlined text.
While Methodist strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Methodist will work in good faith to make our site accessible to the widest possible audience by:
- Completing quarterly accessibility audits.
- Evaluating the alt text on every image on the site to provide a more rich experience for all users.
- Working to provide closed captions or transcripts for all videos the reside on the Methodist website.
If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular webpage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may be of assistance.